- Lost Ones: What Happened to Mike Jones (Who?) Mike Jones?
- Rick Ross Casually Admits CO Past He Denied for Years Was True
- Also Boobs: Here Are Some Pics of Rihanna Topless (NSFW)
- Find Her: Who’s the Girl in ScHoolboy Q’s “Man of the Year” Video?
- Porn Stars in Music Videos: An Absurdly Detailed Investigation
This Week in Hype: Battling Kendrick Lamar, Aftermath Producer Dawaun Parker & MorePosted by Nathan S. on 10/18/13 | Filed under Downloads, This Week in Hype, Podcasts
And on the eighth day god created the "This Week in Hype" podcast, and the people celebrated because it was good, and joy and happiness was bountiful throughout the Earth.
For the latest edition, I dig deep into the "Who Could Beat Kendrick Lamar in a Battle?" debate, talk to Aftermath songwriter and producer Dawaun Parker about the art and business of production and more.
Discussed This Week:
* As always, shout out to RefinedHype Nation member Tino for that dope theme song.
* Another trivia question, another chance to win some fresh gear from the always dope IM King.
* I read some of the comments from RefinedHype Nation in our "Who Could Beat Kendrick Lamar in a Battle?" and attempt to inject some sanity into the hype around Senor Lamar.
* I bring in Dr. Dre right hand man Dawaun Parker to talk about producting and songwriting for Aftermath, how a leaked Eminem song turned into a Grammy, the Busta Rhymes single that never was, maintaining his sanity in the face of the insane music industry and more.
* You should follow Dawaun Parker, check out his absurdly dope production credits here and take a listen to his new artist Phil Beaudreau.
* This week's closing track, "Lost One" from Jay Z (prod. by Dawaun Parker).
If you want to spend the rest of eternity in hell, then by all means, don't subscribe to "This Week in Hype" on iTunes. I'm just saying.
THE BEST OF REFINED HYPE
RefinedHype on Twitter
Tweets by @refinedhype