- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
From Soulja Boy to Lil Wayne, Hip-Hop’s Worst Albums of All-TimePosted by Nathan S. on 09/24/12 | Filed under Top Stories, Opinion
Lil Wayne - "Rebirth"
I might as well get the most controversial pick out of the way first.
As I went over repeateldy when this album dropped, I don’t hate this album because I want Lil Wayne to stay in box. You want to make a rock album Weezy? Fine, rock on. What I have a problem with is Wayne making a FUCKING TERRIBLE rock album.
No one who loves rap could say there’s dope rap here, and on one who loves rock could say there’s great rock on here. Wayne impressively managed to fail on both fronts, and yet he still managed to sell a billion copies, proving once again that his fans don’t actually listen to his music, they just buy. (Which, frankly, is every rapper’s dream.)