- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Raekwon, Jay-Z & More: Rap Genius Presents the Dopest Lines of the WeekPosted by Rap Genius on 09/14/12 | Filed under Lines of the Week
If there’s anyone more obsessed with breaking down hip-hop’s smallest details than RefinedHype, it’s the good folks at Rap Genius. Well you know what they say, if you can’t beat em’, invite ‘em onto RefinedHype to share their five dopest Lines of the Week. Or at least that’s what they’ll say now. Enjoy.
“This past week was notable, first and foremost, for tragedy. The horrible crime of eleven years ago cast a pall over those effected that not even the dopest punchlines could begin to lift. But that doesn’t mean nobody tried. Rah Digga gives a shout-out to Joan Jett, Weezy puns on a White Stripe, Mistah F.A.B. breaks down the Middle East, and Hov mentions some real-life gangsters while Raekwon name-drops an Internet one.
Enjoy the lines of the week.” - Shawn Setaro, Rap Genius Editor1. #5 Raekwon "The Morning" 2. #4 Jay-Z "Clique" 3. #3 Rah Digga "Janis Joplin" 4. #2 Mistah F.A.B., "What's Swear 2 God To An Atheist" 5. #1 Lil Wayne- Magic