- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Production Breakdown: Every Beat From Kanye’s “Dark Twisted Fantasy” Album (Updated!)Posted by Richard on 01/22/11 | Filed under Top Stories, Best Of, Features, Kanye West, Production Breakdown
The other day, I got to thinking, “Y’know, maybe I’ve been a little too focused on Kanye lately… maybe, for my next column, I should talk about something else; you know, something other than this extremely exiting, critically-acclaimed new album by the most prominent rapper-producer in the game.” So I had this meticulously researched critical analysis of the use of the Flexatone (you know, this thing) throughout hip-hop history ready to go… unfortunately, my cat ate my hard drive, and that epic breakdown was lost for all time. So, f*ck it. I’m gonna break down My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. All of it – not all at once, that’d be crazy, but a little bit at a time.1. "Dark Twisted Fantasy" 2. "Gorgeous" 3. "Power" 4. "All of the Lights" 5. "Monster" 6. "So Appaled" 7. "Devil in a Blue Dress" 8. "Runaway" 9. "Hell of a Life" 10. "Blame Game" 11. Lost in the World 12. Who Will Survive in America