- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Yet More Rap Lines That Make No F**king SensePosted by Nathan S. on 05/22/12 | Filed under Top Stories, Features, Rap Lines That Make No Sense, Humor
Kanye West - I Don't Like (Remix)
“But I never hit a woman never in my life / I was in too deep like Mekhi Phife.”
I pointed this out in the original post, but this is actually one of my favorite No Sense Lines of all-time, mostly because it’s such an easy mistake. I mean, 10 seconds on IMDB would have clarified that Omar Epps, not Mekhi Phifer, was in “In Too Deep”.
But more than that, I like to picture Omar Epps at home. Like everyone else he was waiting for “Mercy” to drop - he was sitting at his kitchen table with his headphone on, refreshing RefinedHype until it finally popped up.
(The track begins to play, he’s feeling it.) That beat goes hard, and damn, Pusha T just killed that opening verse! Fuck yeah, and now Kanye’s killing his verse. This is dope….oh come on, what the fuck Ye? I wasn’t even in that fucking movie. Fucking come on. Jesus, me and Mekhi don’t even really look that much alike, why do people always confuse us? Every fucking time, I swear to god. Fuck.
(Epps opens the kitchen cabinet, pours a tall shot of whiskey, begins to gently weep.)