- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
From “Mercy” to “MC Hammer”, More Rap Lines That Make No F*cking SensePosted by Nathan S. on 06/16/12 | Filed under Features, Rap Lines That Make No Sense, Humor
2 Chainz - Mercy
“All my broads is foreign / my money tall like Jordan:”
In Chainz’s defense, this could just be the realest line he ever wrote. at six foot six Michael Jordan was certainly taller than you’re average guy on the street, but compared to NBA players he’s almost exactly average. Ask someone to name tall NBA players and Jordan’s name will never come up.
In other words, “All my broads is foreign, I have more money than some dude working the day shift at Quiznos, but compared to other rappers? My money’s just about average, it’s definitely not even in the tallest money conversation. ”
So if Chainz goal was to accurately portray his financial positioning in the game, then he succeeded. And as long as we’re here, the “my money tall as [insert tall person here]” line is painfully overused, but I’d still give props to any rapper that manages to work Gheorge Muresan.
* Word to JN for the heads up.