- Weekly Re-Up: Animated Tupac, Dr. Dre & Kendrick’s Pill & More
- Drake’s “Nothing Was the Same” Was the Album of 2013, Here’s Why…
- We Fixed It: What Rolling Stone Got Wrong on The Best Songs of 2013 List
- Because Booty: The Best of Vine Booty Videos
- Childish Gambino’s “Because The Internet” Album Leaked, Let’s Listen…
Rap Genius Presents the Lines of the Week: The BET Cyphers EditionPosted by Rap Genius on 10/11/12 | Filed under Lines of the Week
If there’s anyone more obsessed with breaking down hip-hop’s smallest details than RefinedHype, it’s the good folks at Rap Genius. Well you know what they say, if you can’t beat em’, invite ‘em onto RefinedHype to share their five dopest Lines of the Week. Or at least that’s what they’ll say now. Enjoy.
Easily the most exciting hip-hop moments of the week took place, for once, on television. The BET Awards featured five incredible cyphers, with some of our favorite—and least favorite—rappers appearing (we’ll leave it to you, dear reader, to guess who is who). Every gathering had plenty of highlights, and we couldn’t include them all.
Enjoy the lines of the week.” - Shawn Setaro, Rap Genius EditorIndex: 1. Trae Tha Truth - 'Grand Hustle Cypher' 2. E-40 - 'The West Coast Cypher' 3. Joey Badass - 'Man With the Iron Fists' 4. Cassidy - 'The Ruff Ryders' 5. Jean Grae - 'The True School' 6. Groaner of the Week
THE BEST OF REFINED HYPE
RefinedHype on Twitter
Tweets by @refinedhype