- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
Jay-Z, Skyzoo & More: Rap Genius Presents the Lines of the WeekPosted by Rap Genius on 10/05/12 | Filed under Lines of the Week
If there’s anyone more obsessed with breaking down hip-hop’s smallest details than RefinedHype, it’s the good folks at Rap Genius. Well you know what they say, if you can’t beat em’, invite ‘em onto RefinedHype to share their five dopest Lines of the Week. Or at least that’s what they’ll say now. Enjoy.
This week, the biggest news in hip-hop was not about a person, but about a building. Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, one-half-of-one-percent-owned by Jay-Z, opened for business with eight straight concerts by the rap legend. Another BK rapper, Skyzoo, released his superb album “A Dream Deferred” this week as well. And, in the realm of sadly predictable news, Beanie Sigel got arrested while he was already facing a two-year jail sentence. Best wishes to Beanie. Come home soon.
Enjoy the lines of the week.” - Shawn Setaro, Rap Genius Editor1. Prodigy - 'Medicine Man' 2. Torae - 'Rap Average' 3. Skyzoo - 'Spike Lee Was My Hero' 4. Jay-Z - 'Barclays Center Freestyle' 5. Beanie Sigel - 'Show N Off Freestyle'