- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
Freeway, Curren$y & More: Rap Genius Presents the Lines of the WeekPosted by Rap Genius on 10/19/12 | Filed under Lines of the Week
If there’s anyone more obsessed with breaking down hip-hop’s smallest details than RefinedHype, it’s the good folks at Rap Genius. Well you know what they say, if you can’t beat em’, invite ‘em onto RefinedHype to share their five dopest Lines of the Week. Or at least that’s what they’ll say now. Enjoy.
This week featured the release of new music by some of our long-time favorite artists. We’ve been following J.R. Writer since his jaw-dropping 2005 nine-minute freestyle, and he returned this week with the mixtape E.T.: Extra-Terrestial Muzik. Oakland stalwarts The Coup have been on our radar for well over a decade now, and a standout track from their must-get new record came out this week as well. In addition to that, Freeway runs several different kinds of blocks, Kool G. Rap takes us dancing, and Curren$y is, as usual, smoking a little something-something.
Enjoy the lines of the week.” - Shawn Setaro, Rap Genius Editor1. Freeway - Jungle 2. Kool G Rap - Rivers of Blood 3. Curren$y - Eagle City 4. JR Writer - Here I Am 5. The Coup - WAVIP