- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
From Ashanti to Coolio, Meet the Fell Off All-Star SquadPosted by Nathan S. on 09/19/12 | Filed under Opinion
My pick for the captain of the female Fell-Off All-Star team.
It’s almost impossible to explain to anyone under 20-years-old how big Ashanti used to be. There was a point in 2002 when she had four (four!) songs in the top ten at the same time. Her album “Foolish” sold 7 million copies.
And then…well, I’m not really sure. Murder Inc. fell apart and even though Ashanti kept doing essentially the same thing she had been doing, America apparently just decided they no longer cared. Her last album was almost five years ago now, and even then it was moderately successful and nowhere near her previous heights.
Unless she pulls a Warren Sapp she should still hopefully have enough cash to live good until the day she dies, but there’s just no debating; Ashanti fell the fuck off in a major way.