- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
Fails of the Week: Lupe Fiasco Battles Spin, Lil Wayne Battled New York & MorePosted by Nathan S. on 08/24/12 | Filed under Top Stories, Humor, Fails of the Week
Lupe vs. Spin vs. Your Face
If you haven’t heard about the Lupe Fiasco vs. Spin magazine “controversy”, hopefully I can save you some time.
Spin slammed Lupe’s new “Bad Bitch” video, saying it was “half-baked conscious hip-pop…poorly thought-out grab for attention…reckless social commentary.” Lupe responded by calling for a boycott of Spin (that dude really loves fan boycotts).
In other words, Spin gets the free publicity it was so clearly seeking by writing recklessly about an artist they knew would respond, while Lupe gets to strengthen his reputation as an artist of integrity battling the “mainstream media” and record labels. It’s the rapper beef template - both parties get some publicity, nothing actually happens, everyone wins!
In other other words, Spin and Lupe are jacking each off (promotionally speaking) and by paying attention to them, you’re leaning your face in for the money shot. I don’t know about you, but I’m getting my face the hell out of here.