- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
Fails of the Week: Lil Wayne Drops Butter Soft Pusha T Diss “Goulish” & MorePosted by Nathan S. on 05/25/12 | Filed under Top Stories, Features, Humor, Fails of the Week
It's Official, Diggy is a Better Battle Rapper Than Lil Wayne
As a man who grew up on the Jay-Z and Nas beef, something in my hip-hop soul has always wanted to return to those “beef” days when two dope emcees would bring out their best material in an attempt to establish dominance. Maybe, just maybe, I thought, we can squeeze even a fraction of that classic beef vibe out of these Pusha T vs. Lil Wayne shenanigans. And then Weezy dropped his diss track and….nope. Not even a little bit.
I mean, if you’re Pusha do you even respond to this? What response could you possibly have but, “Um, seriously? That was your diss?” Instead of writing his own diss track, Pusha should just print out the lyrics to “Goulish” and mail then to the Cash Money headquarters. Boom, battle won. Pusha emerges victorious.
“Niggas can’t see me, not even a glimpse, too many banana clips I feel like chimps”
““I chase the bank, I don’t bank with Chase”
Sigh. I never thought I’d see the day when I’d be looking back fondly on Drake vs. Common and Diggy vs. Cole as examples of lyrical excellence, but here we are.