- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Fu*k Your Bullsh*t Feature: The Complete CollectionPosted by Nathan S. on 05/24/12 | Filed under Features, Opinion
This shit is really getting out of hand. Someone needs to step in, and if that someone needs to be me, well then that’s just a burden I’m going to have to bear.
Rappers, from now on if you’re going to list someone as a “feature” on your song, you’re legally obligated to make sure they actually do something. Getting the hopes up of hip-hop heads about a new guest verse from [rapper X] only for us to discover that all [rapper X] did was mumble some shit on the intro? Fucking bullshit. We need to come up with a word besides “feature” that means “this person’s voice is technically on the track, but don’t get excited. They really don’t do shit.”
The only way this shit is going to stop is if we start calling people out, so I’ve put together a collection of the most egregious and disappointing violations over the years. As always, I’m depending on RefinedHype Nation to help me add to the collection.
Let’s go people - together we can make the world a better place.
50 Cent ft. Eminem - Murder One
Fat Joe ft. The Bullshit Feature All-Stars
Kanye West ft. Everyone - All of the Lights
Dr. Dre ft. MC Ren (Talking) - Some L.A. Niggaz
BG ft. T.I. - For a Minute
Jadakiss ft. Jay-Z - We Run This
Memphis Bleek ft. Beanie Sigel & Jay-Z - Change Up
Pusha T ft. Diddy - Changing of the Guard
Fun ft. Janelle Monae - We Are Young