- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
The Best Of: The Top 5 (Non) Hip-Hop Songs Of The WeekPosted by Nathan S. on 04/12/12 | Filed under Features, Top 5 Non Hip Hop
Incredibly, we’re now over 30 posts deep in our “Top 5 (Non) Hip-Hop Songs of the Week” series. When I approached The Chuckness with the idea I thought it’d be a great way to get me out of my hip-hop bubble and highlight some dope music outside of the boundaries of rap. Frankly, it’s exceeded my expectations - so I thought this would be a good time to look back at some of my favorite selections from this series.
These are all tracks that I’ve ended up playing on repeat for weeks after first hearing them, and songs that I would have never heard if it weren’t for The Chuckness. Feel free to throw in your favorites in the comments below as well. Enjoy:1. Ohbijou "Mossy Lungs" 2. Jhameel – Waves (Official Video) 3. Yuna - Live Your Life 4. Cris Cab – Pumped Up Kicks (Cover) 5. Tom Day – Home