- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
The Definitive Collection of ‘90s Rap One-Hit WondersPosted by Nathan S. on 08/23/12 | Filed under Top Stories, Rap Nerdery
Skee-Lo - I Wish (1995)
I literally remember adults saying, “Now, what can’t all rap be like this ‘I Wish’ song?” way back when, and I really can’t blame them. The years have only increased my fondness for Skee-Lo, to the point where I almost find him cute. Plus, he was a MTV VJ for a little while, and if being a VJ on MTV doesn’t scream ‘90s, nothing does.
Peaked at #13 on the Billboard 100. Nominated for a Grammy for Best Rap Solo Performance.