- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
Is Anyone Else Surprised At How Dope Wiz Khalifa & 50 Cent’s “Telescope” Is? (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 06/23/12 | Filed under Top Stories, Wiz Khalifa, 50 Cent
When Wiz Khalifa kicks off a song with some pothead friendly hair advice I start to become a little skeptical. Then pair Wiz with one of the most hit or miss rappers around (50 Cent) and that skepticism starts to grow even more. Thankfully though "Telescope" turned out to be a pretty nice track. Even 50 Cent was on point. Yeah, we could have done without the Columbine mention and Fifty does seem to start rambling towards the end but it was far from a bad verse.
It seems only fitting that "Telescope" is produced by Wiz' fellow Mary Jane enthusiast Harry Fraud. And Fraud's production on the song might just be the highlight for me. It has that mellow, mid-90's vibe that could make a verse from even Barney sound nice. Least favorite part of "Telescope?" It's hands down the hook. The hook does absolutely nothing for the song. I'm not the biggest fan of singing rappers, but I wouldn't even be mad if Wiz got his inner Trey Songz on on the hook.
See Also: Wiz Khalifa Overshadowed By Gin-Loving Companion Juicy J In His “The Grinder” Video