- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
Video Wrap: Rick Ross’ “MC Hammer”, Kanye Live, K.R.I.T. “Ain’t Sh*t” & More (Watch)Posted by Nathan S. on 11/09/10 | Filed under Videos, Video Wrap
The song before the song that made us all start talking about MC Hammer again. By the way, doesn't it feel like this track first dropped about 174 years ago? Way to capitalize on a hot track guys. Why the delay? It's not like this could have possibly taken long to put together.
Remember the pre-"Thank Me Later" days when the hype was so out of control sites would report things like, "Drake Eats Scone!"? Yeah, we're at that point with Kanye and "Dark Twisted Fantasy". During the MTV Europe Awards Yeezy jumps on stage with that dude who used to be on "My So Called Life" and does a mediocre live version of "Power" (start at the 3:30 mark). I'm not really sure why I care.
Ah, the classic "Rapper on a bed while his girl is asleep" video, a style I like to think Ice Cube pioneered on "It Was a Good Day". Plus this beat definitely sounds like some dope old school Outkast type shit. Dope.
One of my favorite young Chicago emcees goes to work. For more of that real real rap, be sure to cop Scheme's "Same Rebel, New Cause (Deluxe Edition)", dropping tomorrow on iTunes, Amazon, and for free on www.Scheme773.com.
ItsTheReal, one half of our Hypemen podcast series, spend a little time reviewing the biological phenomenon that is Lil' Kim. Sad, but true. Actually, it's really not that sad. Just true.