- What Rapper Represents You? (aka Your Hunger Games Rapper)
- 7 Dope Underground Rappers You (Probably) Haven’t Heard Of Vol. V
- The Best Songs From Each Lil Wayne “Tha Carter” Album
- Those Naked Rihanna Face Down, Ass Up Pics Are Here (NSFW)
- Porn Stars in Music Videos: An Absurdly Detailed Investigation
This Week in Hype: Rick Ross is the Rap Game Funyuns, 50 Cent Goes Indie & MorePosted by Nathan S. on 02/28/14 | Filed under Downloads, This Week in Hype, Podcasts
Did you know there are billions of people on Earth who have lived and died without the unbridled joy of hearing a "This Week in Hype" podcast? Makes you feel pretty blessed, huh? Yeah, me too.
This week, I kick things off my celebrating the (very) belated 50th episode anniversary of the podcast, rant about Rick Ross's "Mastermind" - I believe I compare him to Funyuns at some point - and bring on DJ Z to discuss the impact of 50 Cent going indie.
Discussed This Week:
* Holy sweet baby jesus, RefinedHype Nation came through with some great back pain advice. Y'all are the greatest. Who wants to recommend a good vacuum cleaner?
* As always, shout out to RefinedHype Nation member Tino for that dope theme song.
* New trivia question based on the "3 Shots With: The Bender" video. Answer and win some random shit from my house. Speaking of which, shout out to last week's winner, Mark.
* Rick Ross' "Mastermind" album is out now and I've been thoroughly enjoying it, although I wish it was just a bit more balls crazy. So...I meant for it to be a quasi-review, but I mostly just end up comparing Ross to various snacks.
* To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the podcast, which actually happened weeks ago because I'm a moron, I bring on the very first "This Week in Hype" podcast guest, the immortal DJ Z of the mothership, to talk about 50 Cent's newfound indie status and the impact it could have on the music industry.
* Today's closing track, the Bawse's "Sanctified".
RefinedHype has merged with The DJBooth. It's the same articles you loved on RefinedHype, new address. For more info, check out the official announcement.
THE BEST OF REFINED HYPE
RefinedHype on Twitter
Tweets by @refinedhype