This Week in Hype Podcast: “Indie” Major Label Rappers, Ye vs. Cole vs. Mac & MorePosted by Nathan S. on 05/24/13 | Filed under Top Stories, Downloads, This Week in Hype, Podcasts
For the latest edition, I talk about the growing trend of major label rappers pretending to be indie, dig into the "who will sell the most albums on June 18" debate and kick off a new segment in the podcast where you get free shit. Yeah, that's right, free shit. It's kind of a big deal.
Discussed This Week:
* "Indie" rappers who are secretly signed to major labels.
* That time I insisted Trinidad James was already signed when he first blew up, and I was right.
* Is Macklemore really indie?
* Keeping it 400 (100 more than 300).
* Is Nas disappointed in J. Cole?
* Can Mac Miller outsell Kanye and Cole? (Probably not.)
* Mac Miller's new TDE-esque sound.
* New prize segment. First person to email me 3-5 mindie picks wins "Hangover 3" tickets. What's a mindie? Listen to the podcast.
* This week's closing song, Warren G's "Regulate".
Hey, did you know that you can subscribe to "This Week in Hype" to on iTunes. You did? Oh, well then. Thanks for subscribing.
Check Out Previous Episodes Here.
UPDATE: Holy shit, multiple people actually emailed me with their mindie picks. I wasn't sure that was even going to work, it did. Well, you can now consider this a weekly segment. New chances to win every week.
THE BEST OF REFINED HYPE
RefinedHype on Twitter
Tweets by @refinedhype