- What Rapper Represents You? (aka Your Hunger Games Rapper)
- 7 Dope Underground Rappers You (Probably) Haven’t Heard Of Vol. V
- The Best Songs From Each Lil Wayne “Tha Carter” Album
- Those Naked Rihanna Face Down, Ass Up Pics Are Here (NSFW)
- Porn Stars in Music Videos: An Absurdly Detailed Investigation
This Week in Hype: Macklemore Mega-Rant, Publicist Breakdown & MorePosted by Nathan S. on 01/31/14 | Filed under Downloads, This Week in Hype, Podcasts, Macklemore
It's time for the Super Bowl of hip-hop podcasts, "This Week in Hype"! And by "Super Bowl of hip-hop podcasts" I mean....um....you should eat some nachos and chicken wings while you listen to it? Ok, so I didn't really think that one through, but you get the point.
This week, I kinda-sorta lose it and go on a mega-rant about Macklemore and his place in hip-hop, bring on Candice Han to break down the hidden world of publicists and PR, give away some goodies and much more.
Discussed This Week:
* As always, shout out to RefinedHype Nation member Tino for that dope theme song.
* A new trivia question, a new chance to win some random shit from my house. Also, something new: Hey producers and DJs, want your music to play during the podcast and get a shout out? Send your instrumentals to nathan@refinedhypecom.
* I know, I know, we're all burnt-out on Macklemore, but I just couldn't help myself. I throw down an epic Macklemore-related rant that starts with his Grammy wins, morphs into the hypocrisy of white hip-hop writers who criticize him, and ends with a plea to restore some sanity to our conversations about hip-hop. It's kind of a whole thing.
* Over the years I've been asked "should I get a publicist?" and "how do I know if a publicist is any good?" literally hundreds of times. Since I know a lot of our listeners are artists, I bring on one of the best publicists I know, Candice Han, to really answer those questions.
* Candice is good times. You should check out her company, Pitchblend, and follow Candice (@pitchblend) on Twitter.
* Today's closing track, Macklemore's "Starting Over".
If you subscribe to "This Week in Hype" on iTunes I'll come over to your house and make you some delicious fucking waffles. Seriously*.
* Not seriously.
RefinedHype has merged with The DJBooth. It's the same articles you loved on RefinedHype, new address. For more info, check out the official announcement.
THE BEST OF REFINED HYPE
RefinedHype on Twitter
Tweets by @refinedhype