- Drake’s “Nothing Was the Same” Was the Album of 2013, Here’s Why…
- We Fixed It: What Rolling Stone Got Wrong on The Best Songs of 2013 List
- Kanye Hated “Juicy”, So What Are Biggie’s 5 Best Beats?
- Because Booty: The Best of Vine Booty Videos
- Childish Gambino’s “Because The Internet” Album Leaked, Let’s Listen…
This Week in Hype: Drake “Nothing Was the Same” Review, Ad-Libs With Bambu & MorePosted by Nathan S. on 09/27/13 | Filed under Downloads, Podcasts, This Week in Hype, Bambu
Welcome to the latest edition of the "This Week in Hype" podcast. No big deal, it's just THE GREATEST MOTHERFUCKING RAP PODCAST OF ALL-TIME EVER INCLUDE THE MESOZOIC AGE.
For the latest edition, I drop my official Drake "Nothing Was the Same" album review (aka the Cheeseburger/Jennifer Anniston Corollary), talk to west coast emcee Bambu about rap ad-libs and hip-hop fatherhood and more.
Discussed This Week:
* As always, shout out to RefinedHype Nation member Tino for that dope theme song.
* Another trivia question, another chance to win some fresh gear from the always dope IM King, our official sponsor for August.
* My official Drake "Nothing Was the Same" album review is essentially just an extended cheeseburger analogy, except for when I'm talking about Jennifer Aniston. So, you know, good times.
* This week I bring on the allmighty Bambu to talk about rapper ad-libs, including the origins of his trademark ad-lib, the portrayal of fatherhood in hip-hop, or lack there of, giving away all his music to the people and much more.
* Much respect to Bambu for spending some time with RefinedHype Nation. You should follow him at @BambuDePistola, check out his "One Rifle Per Family" album and download his new "Son of a Gun" project. Your life will thank you for it.
* This week's closing track, "Last Year" from Bambu.
Hey, how about you subscribe to "This Week in Hype" on iTunes? I mean, you don't have to, I'm just saying...we're probably be best friends forever, or something.
THE BEST OF REFINED HYPE
RefinedHype on Twitter
Tweets by @refinedhype