- Every Andre 3000 Guest Verse, Ranked (An Absurdly Detailed Investigation)
- Who’s the Girl in ScHoolboy Q’s “Studio” Video? (NSFW)
- Thoughts on Fat Joe’s Career After His Death (He Totally Didn’t Die)
- Those Naked Rihanna Face Down, Ass Up Pics Are Here (NSFW)
- Porn Stars in Music Videos: An Absurdly Detailed Investigation
This Week in Hype: The Adam Mansbach Special EditionPosted by Nathan S. on 11/01/13 | Filed under Downloads, This Week in Hype, Podcasts, Adam Mansbach
Happy TGIF! Or as it's better known around these parts, Thank Goodness It's Fucking Friday & The "This Week in Hype" Podcast Is Here Again. TGIFFTWIH is a little long though, so let's just stick to TGIF.
This week we're doing a special edition as I bring on New York Times best-selling author and confirmed rap nerd Adam Mansbach to debate whether we should be optimistic or pessimistic about the state of hip-hop, how the digital era has helped and hurt the culture, navigating the complexities of being a white hip-hop head and more.
Discussed This Week:
* As always, shout out to RefinedHype Nation member Tino for that dope theme song.
* Shout out to our sponsors IM King, but this week I switched things up and am giving away one of our "Detox Isn't Dropping" shirts.
* I devote most of this week's episode to talking to Adam Mansbach about the state of hip-hop, inspired by his conversation with Combat Jack. How has hip-hop changed as it has become immersed by mainstreadm culture? Is the culture thriving or dying?
* Much love to Adam Mansbach for coming on. RefinedHype Nation should follow him, and check out his books "Rage is Back", "Angry Black White Boy", "Go The Fuck to Sleep" and all of his other works.
* This week's closing song, Black Thought's ridiculously dope "New York State of Mind" freestyle off J. Period's "Rage Is Back" mixtape.
You should definitely subscribe to "This Week in Hype" on iTunes unless you're a horrible person who hates everything that's good and pure in this world. I'm just saying...
THE BEST OF REFINED HYPE
RefinedHype on Twitter
Tweets by @refinedhype