- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
If You Like Mediocre T.I. Tracks Than You’ll Love “Like That” (Listen)Posted by Nathan S. on 05/15/12 | Filed under T.I.
However, it's also a fact that since he's been "back" he just hasn't been able to come up with a song that hits in any way: on the radio, on the interwebs or in the clubs. His supposed comeback singles like "Poppin Bottles" and "All She Wrote" got scrapped along with the "No Mercy" album title, and his "Fuck Da City Up" mixtape didn't have nearly as much of an impact as you might have expected. In fact, for my money the best shit he's done in years is his verse on Killer Mike's "Big Beast".
So will new single "Like That" be the track that finally puts him back onto the charts in a meaningful way? Not likely. Feel free to call me an idiot in the comments below, but as high energy as "Like That" is, as much as I like hearing TIP back in attack mode on the mic, this just isn't moving me. I'll take "Flexin" any day of the week.
We'll see if it's just me in 5, 4, 3....
See Also: T.I. And His Boo (More So His Boo) “Love This Life” (Listen)