- Also Booty: Here’s Video of Iggy Azalea Dry-Humping Her Back-Up Dancers
- What the Jay-Z “Magna Carta” x Samsung Deal Means for the Future of Music
- Kanye West’s “Yeezus” Leaked, Let’s Start Talking About It
- This Week In Hype Podcast: “Born Sinner”, Scottie Pippen & 10 Minutes With Bauce Sauce
- Kanye vs. Cole vs Mac Miller, The Official RefinedHype Album Sales Predictions
The Legend of Pimp C Grows With DJ Paul’s New StoryPosted by Nathan S. on 10/17/12 | Filed under Videos, Pimp C, UGK
Pimp C, along with Ol' Dirty Bastard, are two rappers that even well after their deaths live in what Bill Simmons refers to as the "Tyson Zone". In other words, no matter how insane the story sounds, it's probably true. Tyson would let his bet tigers roam around his house? Yeah, that's true. Ol' Dirty Bastard once urinated on LL Cool J's gold records? Yes sir, that really happened. Pimp C first told Jay-Z that "Big Pimpin" was wack? Yep, that actually happened too.
The recently arrested DJ Paul, of Three 6 Mafia fame, adds to the legend of Pimp C with yet another fascinating story. Apparently Sweet Jones heard Project Pat's "Choose You" before he went to prison, loved it, then had Paul remake the beat for UGK years later when he got out. The resulting song would become one of the best songs of the 2000s, "Int'l Player's Anthem".
Enjoy, and for some more Tyson Zone-esque Pimp C stories, I highly recommend checking out our Hype Men pocast with Bun B:
(Word to TSS for the spot.)
UPDATE: Also a pretty good "Sway in the Morning" interview with DJ Paul.
See Also: No Bullsh*t, Big Boi Really Does Grab UGK & Big K.R.I.T. for “Go$$ip” (Listen)