- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
The Canz Tell Haters You “Can’t Hold Me Down” (Video)Posted by Nathan S. on 01/11/10 | Filed under Videos, The Canz, Mick Boogie
The Refined Take:
1) That's a dope murdered-out SUV, but just once (just once) I want to see a rapper climb into a '95 Volkswagen Jetta in slow-mo. Good to see The Canz are making more money than I am.
2) Ah, the old "make the camera really shaky when the track gets hard" technique. It never fails. True story - Michael J. Fox was the cameraman for this one. I'm sorry. That felt inappropriate, even for me.
3) In case you're wondering, that's the Ghanan flag you see. The Canz grew up in Ghana and now reside in Georgia. Hip-hop has truly gone global.
4) I know I'm breaking this down like the JFK assassination film, but when they're in the bar, pause the video and look at the bottles on the top of the bar. What are those? At first I thought they were Rolling Rocks, but they look like Pellegrino sparkling water to me. Anyone else have any theories?
5) If you're a little behind the curve and this video has properly inspired you, I would definitely recommend you download "Slow Rise" here right now.