- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Let’s Keep It Simple - Talib Kweli’s “Distractions” Is F**King DopePosted by Nathan S. on 12/15/11 | Filed under Top Stories, Downloads, Talib Kweli
Most emcees would be overhwhelmed by a beat as complex as the one that Oh No lays down - who the hell layers classical harpsichords over boom-bap percussion - but there just aren't many emcees stronger than Kweli. The man's not afraid to tackle issues other rappers are too scared to touch, and the man just flat out fucking rhymes while doing it.
Do I sound a little defensive/stan-ish? Well good, because that's how I feel. I really don't give a fuck if people think I'm being a backpacker or a grumpy old man, we need more hip-hop like "Distractions" in the world. Hopefully we'll get both a new Black Star album and Kweli's upcoming solo album, "Prisoner of Conscious" delivered in 2012. Until then, turn the volume all the way up on this shit.