- The Kanye West “Yeezus” Review Mega-Podcast ft. Donwill
- Also Booty: Here’s Video of Iggy Azalea Dry-Humping Her Back-Up Dancers
- What the Jay-Z “Magna Carta” x Samsung Deal Means for the Future of Music
- Kanye West’s “Yeezus” Leaked, Let’s Start Talking About It
- Kanye vs. Cole vs Mac Miller, The Official RefinedHype Album Sales Predictions
Mos Def/Yasiin Bey Flashes Some Serious Lyricism on tabi Bonney’s “Chop Chop” (Listen)Posted by Nathan S. on 05/19/12 | Filed under Mos Def, Ski Beatz, Tabi Bonney, Yasiin Bey
I really do feel like a dick for saying this, but I don't particularly care about tabi Bonney on this new "Chop Chop" joint. No disrespect at all the the DMV emcee, he's really making something of himself, but I'm in this for the Mos Def/Yasiin Bey verse and the Ski Beatz production.
I don't know if we'll ever get back to a "Black on Both Sides" level Mos on the mic, but while he seems to have permanently turned down the energy level, the man's lyricism is still absolutely elite. Trust me, you're going to have to listen to that opening verse a few times before it all becomes clear.
"Chop Chop" is off tabi’s upcoming album "The Endless Summer", dropping this Thursday May 17. And yes, despite the first sentence of this post, I will be checking the album out.
(p.s. - I love that I started today on Birdman and Rick Ross and ended it up tabi Bonney and Mos Def/Yasiin Bey. Hip-hop's one big motherfucking genre.)
See Also: In Which I Care Way Too Much About a Mos Def/Yasiin Bey Radio Performance (Video)