- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
F**k It, Here’s that Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly & Lex Luger “Platinum” (Listen & Download)Posted by Nathan S. on 02/18/11 | Filed under Downloads, Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Bangers
(Think you can get more racist stereotypes into a single photo than Snoop? Think again.)
I'm not going to lie. When I first saw that Snoop Dogg had a new single out, "Platinum", featuring R. Kelly and produced by Lex Luger, my eyes light up; I was planning the "Listen to This Atrocious...." column in my head before I even pressed play. But then I actually listened to the song and...goddamnit, I I actually like it. Move over Yung Joc, I'm got another favorite ignorant banger .
Here's why. First, yes, it's true that Lex Luger only makes slight variations to this one beat, but since that one beat bangs, I'm completely fine with it. (I like M&Ms, so I like peanut M&Ms, mint M&Ms, peanut butter M&Ms - you get the picture). Second, R, Kelly says some absolutely insane shit - "Say your pussy golden / but I only fuck with platinum chicks" - and ridiculous Kells is my favorite Kells. Third, that first verse from Snoop is one of his best flows in....I can't think of the last time he laced a beat like this.
Lord knows this will be forgotten about in a month, tops, but for the meantime, I can't help but nod my head. Go ahead, tell me what an idiot I am in the comments. This is my new guilty pleasure cut.