- Kanye West’s “Yeezus” Leaked, Let’s Start Talking About It
- This Week in General Awesomeness: Cam’ron Joins Vine, Breezy Gets Dunked On & More
- This Week In Hype Podcast: “Born Sinner”, Scottie Pippen & 10 Minutes With Bauce Sauce
- Kanye vs. Cole vs Mac Miller, The Official RefinedHype Album Sales Predictions
- Holy Balls This Random White Kid Can Freestyle (Video)
Slaughterhouse’s Hot 97 Cypher is 2011’s Classic Hip-Hop (Listen & Download)Posted by Nathan S. on 12/22/11 | Filed under Top Stories, Refined Picks, Joe Budden, Freestyles, Slaughterhouse, Joell Ortiz, Crooked I, Royce da 5 9
So I've kept the quartets Hot 97 freestyle cypher on repeat for the last 24 hours. As always I could do without the Funk Flex bombs, but with the addition of some classic beats this shit really takes me back to the Stretch and Bobbito days of real radio freestyles.
"Infections, if I have it your girl have it / this verse is Irv Magic." - Royce da 5'9"
"A few resent me but I'm cool with it / they handed me the city before I knew what to do with it." - Joe Budden
"Unless it's an old Biggie verse you shouldn't have faith in your raps." - Ortiz
"I'm the real west coast savior / why you think they holler "church!" when the verse is done?" - Crooked
Bonus points to fellow Rap Nerds who can name that instrumental. I'll get things started: Crooked first verse is Mobb Deep's "Shook Ones Pt. 2". What else you got?
(Looking for all of RefinedHype's dope downloads in one place? We got you covered.)
Play Slaughterhouse Hot 97 Freestyle - Pt. 1