- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
ScHoolboy Q Just Wants to “Party” & Rap, Preferably Both (Listen & Download)Posted by Nathan S. on 08/17/12 | Filed under Downloads, TDE, ScHoolBoy Q
On a related note, this seems like as good of a time as any to unveil my TDE rap spectrum scale. A huge part of the reason that TDE is succeeding like they are is that they manage to cover pretty much the full spectrum of non-mainstream (aka party songs with Chris Brown) hip-hop.
So, let's imagine a scale from 1-10, with 1 being pure street rap (aka Alley Boy) and 10 being weird, conspiracy theory rap (aka Kool Keith). On that scale, I'd give Jay Rock a 3, ScHoolBoy a 4, Kendrick a 6 and Ab-Soul a 8.
Obviously there's some room for a point or two in either direction, but you get what I'm going for. As opposed to a crew like Slaughterhouse who are all just different iterations of the same lane, TDE manages to take up the whole highway. (Note to self: That metaphor might not have made any fucking sense.)
Anyway, feel "Party" on with ScHoolboy below. Enjoy...
See Also: Let’s All Google the Hell Out of Ab-Soul’s “Nibiru” (Listen & Download)
See Also: The TDE Takeover Continues With Jay Rock’s Banging “YOLA” (Listen & Download)
(Looking for all of RefinedHype's dope downloads in one place? We got you covered.)