- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Rick Ross & Meek Mill Get Classy On Their Latest Release “So Sophisticated” (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 05/22/12 | Filed under Rick Ross, Meek Mill
I really appreciate the fact that Rick Ross' latest single "So Sophisticated" merely consists of Ross and Meek Mill. There's no Lil Wayne rapping about vaginas, Chris Brown singing like an injured kitten, or Waka Flocka yelling gibberish to take away from the song. You'd be amazed at how the lack of those nuisances can really improve a song. "So Sophisticated" is that song you're probably going to hear on the radio 8.5 times in one hour, you'll hear it in the club fifty times in one night but you won't mind because it's actually kind of dope.
I do think that "So Sophisticated" is one of those songs where the lyrical content far outweighs the production. That's definitely not a bad thing especially when the sound of a song seems to be way more important than what's in a song these days, but the beat on "So Sophisticated" could have gone a little harder.
"So Sophisticated" will be featured on Ross' upcoming album "God Forgives, I Don't" which drops on July 31st.
See Also: Sounds Like Rick Ross & Usher Are Quite Intent On “Touch N’ You” (Listen)