- Also Booty: Here’s Video of Iggy Azalea Dry-Humping Her Back-Up Dancers
- What the Jay-Z “Magna Carta” x Samsung Deal Means for the Future of Music
- Kanye West’s “Yeezus” Leaked, Let’s Start Talking About It
- This Week In Hype Podcast: “Born Sinner”, Scottie Pippen & 10 Minutes With Bauce Sauce
- Kanye vs. Cole vs Mac Miller, The Official RefinedHype Album Sales Predictions
Pink & Eminem Mildly Attempt To Get The Party Started With “Here Comes The Weekend” (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 09/12/12 | Filed under Eminem, Pink
To be honest, a Pink and Eminem collab comes across as something straight from MTV's now deceased "Total Request Live" music countdown series and their record "Here Comes The Weekend" sounds like it could have easily found a home on the show. It's pop, it's rock, and I guess that added Eminem verse makes it slightly Hip-Hop as well. It's a mainstream gumbo if you will.
Despite his past distaste for a number of pop stars, Eminem has managed to work with a handful of pop artists including Pink and Rihanna but unlike the uber-successful "Love The Way You Lie," "Here Comes The Weekend" does absolutely nothing for me. Although it's a party record it's pretty boring and there's something about Eminem rapping about being Diddy for the night and sipping Ciroc that really, really disturbs me.
Also, I hate to be a downer here but couldn't they have at least released "Here Comes The Weekend" on a Thursday? Listening to a song about the weekend on a Wednesday seems to make Hump Day that much more grueling.
See Also: Slaughterhouse & Eminem “Throw That”, & By “That” They Mean Their Wangs (Listen)