- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
Nicki Minaj Reaches Her Pop Peak On The Care Bear & Cherry Lollipop-Infused “The Boys” (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 09/13/12 | Filed under Nicki Minaj, Cassie
Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what Nicki Minaj songs are made of. Oh, and tri-polarness and genre confusion. With the release of the rapper's newest record, "The Boys," have we finally reached the point where we can stop referring to Minaj as a rapper or are we still two Pepsi commercials away from that?
At the start of "The Boys" Minaj drops an alright verse, but from there the song takes a tragic turn as it morphs into an electro-pop track and then into a slowed down R&B record and then into a rap song again. So if you were at all thrown aback by my "genre confusion" mention then I'm sure you get it now. Adding to the bi-polar nature of the record is Cassie who falls victim to way too much audio manipulation.
In case you care, which I really don't think you do, "The Boys" will be featured on Minaj's "Pink Friday Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up" album when it's released in November. Also, anyone else noticing a theme here with the album titles? She's merely adding on words so don't be surprised if the rapper's next album is something along the lines of "Pink Friday Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up Ya'll Biiiiitches."
See Also: President Obama Clears Up This Annoying Nicki Minaj/Mitt Romney “Controversy”