- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
Nelly Furtado & Nas Are A Surprisingly Dope Combination On “Something” (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 06/04/12 | Filed under Nas
Over the past couple of years Canadian singer Nelly Furtado has really been all over the place with her music. Her first album had a folk meets pop vibe to it and then several years after that she was making club tracks with Timbaland and Danja. So needless to say I had absolutely no idea what to expect with her latest single, "Something." But the fact that "Something" features an appearance from Nas did make me a little less leery.
The song's not bad though, the production has a cool Western sound to it and it's definitely a lot less clubby than some of Nelly Furtado's past songs. But about that Nas verse though, either Nas' verse on "Something" was recorded at least 10 years ago (which I highly doubt) or they're using some weird sound effect that makes him sound a good 10 years younger on his verse. It's not a bad verse, the sound of it just seems pretty off.
"Something" will be featured on Nelly Furtado's upcoming album titled "The Spirit Indestructible."
See Also: Nas Gets Personal With His Surprisingly Genuine “Daughters” Video (Video Breakdown)