- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Pompadoured Crooner Miguel Represents For Real R&B On “Kaleidoscope Dream”Posted by Danielle Harling on 10/05/12 | Filed under Miguel
Hip-Hop has surely seen its fair share of doubt recently, with some "fans" proclaiming that "Hip-Hop is dead" every time a Lil B record dropped. And with rappers tapping into their inner Al Green on records and looks proving superior to talent for female singers, R&B is another genre that's faced criticism as of late. Thankfully, there are the select few new school R&B songsters who truly exemplify all that is rhythm and blues and among them is crooner Miguel.
Both Miguel and his oh-so-stylish pompadour are hoping to breathe some much needed fresh air into R&B with the release of his sophomore album, "Kaleidoscope Dream." And with rave reviews from the likes of Joe Budden and a slew of other celebs and an impressive "4 Spins" rating over at DJBooth, the album seems poised to do just that.
Now unfortunately, NPR's stream of "Kaleidoscope Dream" is long gone, but you can check out these music videos from the album while you ponder whether or not you want to purchase Miguel's album for $9.99 or go in on Applebees "2 For $20" deal with a friend this weekend. Just remember, "Kaleidoscope Dream" lasts forever, Bourbon Street Chicken doesn't.
See Also: Miguel Blends Rock, R&B And Well, Popcorn, On His Newest Record “The Thrill” (Listen)