- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
Machine Gun Kelly Recruits Tech N9ne & Twista For The Immensely Dope “Edge Of Destruction” (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 10/08/12 | Filed under Machine Gun Kelly, Tech N9ne, Twista
Machine Gun Kelly "screaming motherf**k the world" is an all too familiar proclamation on the wild boy's newest "Lace Up" release "Edge Of Destruction," but the addition of Twista and Tech N9ne is a welcomed change that I'm sure RefinedHype nation will highly approve of. "Edge Of Destruction" finds MGK and his fellow lyrical comrades swapping commendable verses as Tech N9ne takes us "way back when I was feeling defeated" and Twista echoes a similar sentiment as he touches on "feeling like a failure."
Despite the questionable antics, Machine Gun Kelly has always struck me as an artist with a story to tell and I feel like we've finally gotten a small glimpse at that story thanks to "Edge Of Destruction." The rapper remains candid throughout the record as he touches on growing up without a father and serving jail time while still boasting a "heart bigger than a SUV."
With two dope features, a combination of both personal and dope lyricism, and a solid beat courtesy of Silent Mike, "Edge Of Destruction" is easily one of the most impressive records I've heard from Machine Gun Kelly in a minute. Hopefully, "Lace Up" will boast a number of similar tracks when it's released tomorrow, October 9.
See Also: MGK May Be Hella Crazy, But This “Lace Up” Documentary Trailer is Interesting (Video)