- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
M.I.A. Puts the NY Times on Blast With “Space Odyssey” (Video)Posted by Nathan S. on 01/15/10 | Filed under Features, Videos, M.I.A.
"FUCK NEW YORK TIMES! DO YOU THINK YOU NEED TO GO HERE ON VACATION? http://twitpic.com/xqb4y[warning, graphic image]," she posted, which pretty much explains it all right there.
Not content to merely call out the New York Times on their bullshit, she also quickly recorded a song and video called "Space Odyssey", which she's calling a protest song against the Times.
“The song and video were made Monday night for $100, after the New York Times, as she says: ‘f---ed up so hard,”’ M.I.A.’s publicist said to Fader magazine. “She obviously finds it reckless and ignorant of the paper to not even scratch their own walls on what is reality in Sri Lanka.”
The New York Times has yet to respond to M.I.A.'s charges, but if we're lucky they'll respond and we'll be able to witness the most interesting beef in music history. M.I.A. vs. the New York Times? That's way better than this Benzino vs. Slaughterhouse nonsense.