- Drake’s “Nothing Was the Same” Was the Album of 2013, Here’s Why…
- We Fixed It: What Rolling Stone Got Wrong on The Best Songs of 2013 List
- Kanye Hated “Juicy”, So What Are Biggie’s 5 Best Beats?
- Because Booty: The Best of Vine Booty Videos
- Childish Gambino’s “Because The Internet” Album Leaked, Let’s Listen…
What Could Have Been: Kendrick Lamar ft. Lady Gaga “B*tch Don’t Kill My Vibe (Demo)”Posted by Nathan S. on 11/08/12 | Filed under Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga
...until Senorita Meat Dress decided to drop the demo version of "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe" she recorded. Turns out she would have been on the hook, and it turns out that if they had been able to work things out, she probably would have sounded pretty fucking good on that shit. Keep in mind this is just a demo version, as in "let me get in the studio for ten minutes to get a rough idea of what this would sound like." If she got in the studio with Kendrick and Dre and spent some time really perfecting that hook? It could have only been a good thing.
Oh well, guess we'll just have to add this to the "what could have been" chapter of hip-hop history alongside that Frank Ocean and Nas track that accidentally got erased, the first Random Axe album that got lost and had to be re-recorded and that one time Mims and Tupac did a remix of "Ambitionz of a Rider". (Note: I made one of those up.)
See Also: Kendrick Lamar Thankfully Refuses To Chill On The J.Cole-Produced “The Jig Is Up (Dump’n)” (Listen)
THE BEST OF REFINED HYPE
RefinedHype on Twitter
Tweets by @refinedhype