- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
So…Why Is Kid Ink Blowing Up?Posted by Nathan S. on 05/10/12 | Filed under Features, Opinion, Kid Ink
For the record, I have absolutely no hate in my heart for Kid Ink. Not one iota, but I am a little perplexed about just what it is that people seem to be digging about the young Cali emcee. His music seems to essentially be the same synth heavy, sing/rap thing a thousand other rappers are doing. So why is he blowing up? Do the tattoos really make him stand out that much? Is the way the game's constructed right now mean that anyone who sounds like a cross between Drake and Wiz will be successful?
I've assembles a quick collection of the man's videos and tracks below. Kid Ink fans, what is it about him that makes you a fan? Other students of the game, feel free to throw out your theories. The Kid is doing something that's working and I'm determined to crack the code.
See Also: Mac Miller’s Smarter Than You, Deal With It
* The one exception? Mike Posner, I hate that dude for reasons I can't even fully explain. It's a completely irrational, completely unnecessary hatred. But still, fuck that guy.
Play Kid Ink ft. Los & Milli Millz - Feel It