- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
Kendrick Lamar Dives Into “Swimming Pools” Full of Liquor (Listen & Download)Posted by Nathan S. on 07/14/12 | Filed under Downloads, Kendrick Lamar
At the risk of sounding like a stan, this is exactly why I don't disagree when people say things like "Kendrick Lamar is the future." Lord knows every rapper feels obliged to put a "binge drinking in the club" song on their major label debut, so fuck it, Kendrick does too. Except he flips the script entirely and turns "Swimming Pools (Drank)" into a track about the complexities of drinking. He doesn't preach, he doesn't say don't, he simply actually lays out the truth.
Ok, let me take a deep breath and stick to the info. "Swimming Pools" is the second single ("The Recipe" was the first) off Kendrick's upcoming "good kid, m.A.A.d. city" album, due out on October 2. On the fucking real though, my expectations for this album classic status, and that's not an expectation level I hit lightly anymore.
Enjoy...and you know there are going to be a lot of people ironically getting fucked up to this one tonight.
See Also: Kendrick Lamar Just Murdered You On Your Own Shit: The Complete Collection
(Looking for all of RefinedHype's dope downloads in one place? We got you covered.)