- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
Kendrick Lamar’s “Swimming Pools (Drank)”, Now With More Models (Video)Posted by Nathan S. on 08/03/12 | Filed under Videos, Kendrick Lamar
Watching Kendrick Lamar prepare to drop his Interscope debut will be the most interesting "beloved underground rapper tries to navigate the major label waters" we've seen in recent years. Compared to Kendrick even J. Cole was far more mainstream than Kendrick will ever be before "Cole World" dropped.
When "Swimming Pools (Drank)" was first released the consensus from RefinedHype Nation seemed to be "goddamn, Kendrick found a way to make a party record that's still as dark and complex as his other work," and I agree. Thankfully the same holds true for the "Swimming Pools" video, which offers some proof of a major label budget (nice whip Kendrick), but is still visually still very much in the #TDE aesthetic.
So yeah, I know I'm already placing crazy expectatins on "good kid, m.A.A.d city", set to drop in October, but whatever...I expect that shit to be a classic.
See Also: Kendrick Lamar Dives Into “Swimming Pools” Full of Liquor (Listen & Download)
See Also: Kendrick Lamar Just Murdered You On Your Own Shit: The Complete Collection