- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
The Other Fat Guy Who Yells Song You Care About: Kendrick, Cole & K.R.I.T.‘s “They’re Ready”Posted by Nathan S. on 08/15/12 | Filed under Top Stories, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Big K.R.I.T., DJ Khaled
In typical fashion Big K.R.I.T. comes through with both a banging soul beat and a second verse that's as solid as ever, J. Cole opens the festivities with the kind of dope verse I wish we heard more often, and then Kendrick Lamar closes things out because, even with the talent on this track, there was really never any doubt who should deliver the esteemed last verse. I can't say Kendrick murdered someone on their own shit because this is a posse cut, but still....
Man, for the second time in a week I'm forced to salute The Fat Guy Who Yells. He didn't have to put on the next generation like this, but he did. Am I....giving respect to the Fat Guy? What is the world coming to?
UPDATE: Just got the official art work, looks like J. Cole actually produced this. In that case, well done Cole.
See Also: Nas x Scarface x DJ Premier x The Fat Guy Who Yells A Lot = “Hip-Hop” (Listen & Download)