Kanye West Asks, Can You “See Me Now?” (Listen & Direct Download)Posted by Nathan S. on 08/12/10 | Filed under Top Stories, Downloads, Kanye West, Beyonce, Uncle Charlie Wilson
1) Just minutes after premiering "See Me Now" on Hot97 with Angie Martinez Ye got tired of waiting and leaked
2) Basically "See Me Now" is a musical orgy. In addition to production from Yeezy himself, the track also featured boardwork from his mentor No I.D. and he of the "B.M.F." beat, Lex Luger. Considering Lex' trademark is booming bass, I'd love to know what he contributed to this track. Maybe he just brought some great week to the studio and Kanye and I.D. were like, "F*ck it, let's give him a production credit."
3) Three producers? Why not two singers? As if bringing in Beyonce on the bridge wasn't enough (it's always strange to hear Queen B sing about "my niggas" getting out of jail), frequent Snoop collaborator Uncle Charlie Wilson also jumps in on the hook.
4) Rhyme wise, this frankly isn't Kanye's best work. I don't like him as much when he's on his fashion/swag tip, but he can still do it better than almost anyone else. I don't know if there's one truly memorable line on here. "My first watch was a Fossil, now I'm in the Louvre, looking for fossils"? Pretty predictable. I'd say his ad-libs on the end are actually much more entertaining.
5) Ultimately though, this is a hell of a track. Like the "Power" video, Kanye continues to drop tracks unlike anything we've seen/heard before, probably because he's inherently a delusional, egoistical maniac (as Kweli explained in this dope interview). But it's those delusions of grandeur that have ironically made him so great. Call it the Kanye paradox.
Download "See Me Now" Directly
Hear him now and listen to the track below.
Play Kanye West ft. Beyonce, Uncle Charlie Wilson - See Me Now
THE BEST OF REFINED HYPE
RefinedHype on Twitter
Tweets by @refinedhype