- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
Welcome to the Apocalypse: Justin Bieber ft. Drake “Right Here” (Listen)Posted by Nathan S. on 06/16/12 | Filed under Drake, Justin Bieber
In between making cool friendship bracelets and watching the entire "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" trilogy, Justin Bieber and Drake somehow found time to record the collaboration we all knew was coming, the softer than melted ice cream "Right Here".
The only really remarkable part of "Right Here" is just how unremarkable it is. It was actually interesting to hear Big Sean navigate some uber-pop waters on "As Long As You Love Me", or marvel in the fact that 2 Chainz somehow found himself involved in the Biebster's world. But this? Picture what a song with Bieber and Drake would sound like....yeah, that's exactly what "Right Here" sounds like.
Although I guess historically this does feel like a moment - it's like the Ghostbusters crossing streams. Bieber has slowly but surely made "pop" sound more "hip-hop", and Drake has slowly but surely made "hip-hop" sound more "pop" and finally we've arrived at "Right Here", a track that's the living embodiment of hip-pop. Sigh, don't worry about it. It's just the end of days.
Sorry, once I get started on "Ghostbusters" references it's hard to stop. Here's the track....
See Also: Justin Bieber Continues His Pop-Hop Streak With “As Long As You Love Me” Featuring Big Sean (Listen)