- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
Forget About a New Outkast Album, Andre 3000 to Finally Star in Jimi Hendrix BiopicPosted by Ru Porter on 05/22/12 | Filed under QuickHits, Movies, Andre 3K
Before I begin, I’d like to apologize to Nathan and every other Andre 3000 fan for what I am about to write.
The wait for a 3 Stacks solo album just got longer as Mr. Benjamin will be shooting a new film at the end of this month. After numerous attempts to shut down a Jimi Hendrix biopic in the last few years, Andre is finally set to play the leading role in "All By My Side". The flick follows Hendrix as he worked on his classic debut album "Are You Experienced", while living in England in 1966 and ’67 after being discovered at a New York City club by then girlfriend of Rolling Stones’ guitarist Richard Keith.
The project is currently in pre-production, with principal photography set to begin in Dublin and Wicklow, and will last six weeks in total under the direction of John Ridley, who is best known as the writer of ‘Three Kings’ and ‘U-Turn’. As of now, an official release date has not been given and no further details have been revealed except that Andre will star opposite Captain America actress Hayley Atwell.
Again, my apologies if I happened to ruin your day.
See Also: F**king Really Andre 3000? A Gillette Commercial? F**king Really Though?