- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Jean Grae Fully Intends To “Kill Screen” On Her Dope Gaming-Inspired Record (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 09/06/12 | Filed under Jean Grae
It's safe to say that Jean Grae is back on her latest cut "Kill Screen" and when I say "back" I don't simply mean she went to the corner store, got a gallon of milk and some scratch-offs, and immediately returned to her humble abode. No sir, I mean she's back on it lyrically.
Interestingly enough, "Kill Screen" is inspired by Donkey Kong world champion Steve Wiebe who has quite literally killed game (and likely a screen or two) and in the process become the subject of the documentary, "The King of Kong."Watch! As expected, the production on "Kill Screen" which also comes courtesy of Grae is slightly gamey, slight foreboding, and fully dope. Lyrically, the rapper works her way around the synth-heavy production with clever ease.
"Kill Screen" will be featured on Grae's next studio album, "Gotham Down", due out sometime before "Detox".
See Also: Jean Grae’s “Cake or Death” Trailer is Badassery At Its Finest (Video)