- The Kanye West “Yeezus” Review Mega-Podcast ft. Donwill
- Also Booty: Here’s Video of Iggy Azalea Dry-Humping Her Back-Up Dancers
- What the Jay-Z “Magna Carta” x Samsung Deal Means for the Future of Music
- Kanye West’s “Yeezus” Leaked, Let’s Start Talking About It
- Kanye vs. Cole vs Mac Miller, The Official RefinedHype Album Sales Predictions
Jay-Z’s Final Barclays Center Show Was a Big Fu**king Deal (Full Stream)Posted by Nathan S. on 10/08/12 | Filed under Jay-Z, Streams
Yes, Jay-Z does only actually own a fraction of a fraction of the Brooklyn Nets and their new home, the Barclays Center. But like Magic Johnson with the Dodgers, the deal was that Jay would be the public face of the Nets - people feel a lot better if they think they're buying tickets from Hova instead of a Russian billionaire - and in exchange Jay would have his name all over the new Barclays Center. His money would come primarily from merch, restaraunts and, you know, things like eight straight sold out concerts.
So yeah, it may be an exaggeration to say that Jay "owns" a NBA team, but there's still no other rapper that can even touch his influence and power. There are other rappers playing arenas, he's the only one playing in an arena with his own private parking spot. Salute that man, this is a big fucking deal.
For his final show over the weekend, Jay absolutely killed, performing his hits and brings out the likes of Memphis Bleek, Big Daddy Kane and
Brooklyn stand up.
See Also: DJ Clark Kent Talks Respect Between Biggie & Jay-Z In This Dope Interview With Frank The Butcher