- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Jay-Z Joins Obama in Support of Gay Marriage (Video)Posted by Nathan S. on 05/15/12 | Filed under Features, Videos, Opinion, QuickHits, Jay-Z
Of course Jay-Z waited until after I spent hours chronicling hip-hop's growing support for gay marriage and gay rights to voice his own support. Thanks Jay, next time I'd appreciate it if you worked your schedule around the article I want to write. Thanks.
Regardless, while there's obvious significance behind the most powerful rapper on the planet being some vocal, Jay-Z can literally and figuratively afford to be controversial. In a way a rapper like Game is being more brave when he says he supports gay marriage. Still, it's a good day. Hopefully there will be more to come.
See Also: Obama, Fat Joe, Game & Hip-Hop’s Evolving Stance Towards Homosexuality