- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Iggy Azalea Pushes Heads “Down South” For Her Familiarly Raunchy New Single (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 10/08/12 | Filed under Iggy Azalea, Diplo
Although it's kind of a cop out, sometimes the only means of finding success is to follow the blueprint for past success and that seems to be precisely what Grand Hustle's resident Aussie Iggy Azalea has attempted to do on her new record, "Down South". If Iggy's newest tune sounds at all familiar it's probably due to the fact that from the raunchy lyrics to the quirky production, "Down South" is pretty identical to her highly successful 2011 cut, "Pussy"
As successful as a past track may have been sometimes creating its duplicate just doesn't cut it. Iggy's X-rated bars on "Down South" sound recycled and despite featuring production from dubstep dynamo Diplo and 1stDown of FKi, the beat is a little on the bogus side. I mean anytime numerous YouTube commenter's refer to your production as sounding like "pu**y farts" then Houston we've got a problem.
I'm really hoping that Iggy's next release is a little more on the genuine side, but I won't be holding my breath. Oh, and unless you're a fan of throbbing headaches and sore eyeballs then avoid watching the video for "Down South" and just peep the audio.
See Also: Will Iggy Azalea’s “Glory” EP Prove She’s Not Just Hype? (Stream & Download)