- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
“H.A.T.E.U. Remix” ft. Big Boi, Gucci Mane & OJ Da Juiceman (Download)Posted by Nathan S. on 10/08/09 | Filed under Downloads, Mariah Carey
When I wrote my review of Mariah Carey's new album "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" I wrote that while The-Dream is an amazing producer, he was just a little too dark and slow for Mrs. Cannon. Problem solved. The remix is an up-tempo jam that brings on Big Boi, Gucci Mane and OJ da Juiceman for a lighter version of the previously hate-filled track.
To download the "H.A.T.E. U Remix) click here or here.
The Refined Take:
1) You'll probably see it spelled a million different ways, but the track is officially titled "H.A.T.E. U". What doe that acronym stand for? I have no f-ing idea. Maybe "H.aters A.lways T.ry to E.at U.nicorns." Yeah, that's probably it.
2) Definite mid-90s vibe with the production on the remix. That stuttering high-hat brings me back to middle school. Ah, good times.
3) Putting Big Boi on this track was like putting Albert Pujols on the Royals. Gucci and OJ do what they do, but the mic skill difference is enormous, so much so that it sounds like Big Boi purposefully dumbed down his verse a little bit.
4) Honestly, when I first started hearing OJ da Juiceman's name I thought it was a joke. Nope, totally serious. Guess it was better than OJ da Alleged Murderer or Grapefruit da Juiceman.